New update for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is now available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One! With update 2.2, we’ve focused on reworking the tutorial and starter decks to improve the first-time user experience. We’ve also set a minimum number of units to be included in every deck to 13, and added brand new Tavern Board to the game!
Full list of changes:
- Opponent AI in Training Mode has been improved.
- Matches are now played on one unified game board rather than two distinct halves from different game boards.
- Valid decks must now contain a minimum of 13 units.
- Changes in Deck Builder UI.
- Updated Shupe's VFX when opening goodies.
- In-game UI has been updated allowing players to hide usernames by clicking on player avatars. Also, players can now see point totals for each row by clicking on the crown icon (defaulted to RS/R3 on Xbox One/PS4 gamepads).
- Added 8 new daily quests that offer Reward Points.
- Starter decks have been reworked to showcase more faction cards and faction-specific mechanics.
- Complete overhaul of first-time user experience.
- Added a new setting allowing you to choose whether you always see the game board of your choice or let it be determined by the chosen game board of whichever player goes second (the Defender).
- Improved lighting on game boards.
- UI has been updated to make Borders and Avatars visible during matches.
- Geralt: Aard's provision cost changed from 11 to 10.
- Portal's provision cost changed from 13 to 12.
- Cleaver's provision cost changed from 9 to 10.
- Thaw's boost amount will now decrease by 1 for every row effect cleared rather than by 2.
- Angoulême's provision cost changed from 11 to 10.
- Crimson Curse now has the Organic category.
- Eredin Bréacc Glas's boost amount changed from 2 to 3.
- Nekurat's provision cost changed from 6 to 5.
- Draig Bon-Dhu's power changed from 3 to 4.
- Artis's provision cost changed from 10 to 9.
- Blueboy Lugos's power changed from 5 to 6.
- Hjalmar an Craite's provision cost changed from 9 to 10.
- Hubert Rejk's provision cost changed from 8 to 9.
- Siege Master's power changed from 4 to 5.
- Vrihedd Officer's provision cost changed from 6 to 5, his power changed from 2 to 3, and his Deploy damage and boost amounts changed from 3 to 2.
- Isengrim's Council provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
- Dryad Fledgling's power changed from 3 to 4.
- Water of Brokilon's provision cost changed from 9 to 11.
- Morvran Voorhis's provision bonus changed from 15 to 16.
- Ointment's provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
- Fixed an issue whereby it wasn't possible to manually discard Special cards in certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue whereby it wasn't possible to use a played unit's targeting abilities in certain circumstances after manually discarding a card.
- Disgraced Brawler now plays the correct voiceover in the German-language version of the game.
- Fixed an issue whereby the visual assets in the match-end summary shown for achieving a Winning Streak would not display correctly.
- Fixed an issue whereby Nithral's Deploy ability would not trigger if the condition for his secondary Dominance ability was not met.
- Fixed an issue whereby a match would desync and end in a Draw if some actions were still resolving as the turn timer expired.
- Fixed an issue whereby playing a Special card with a full board would result in the card being discarded.
- Fixed an issue whereby Special cards played via Aguara: True Form would not trigger the opponent's Serpent Trap.
- Fixed an issue whereby Golyat's Deathwish ability would Summon the opponent's unit from their deck to a random row rather than to the opposite row.
- Fixed an issue whereby having equal or more points than the opponent then forfeiting the match would incorrectly give crown progression points to the person who forfeited as if they had won the round.
- Fixed an issue whereby Ves would recognize units that give Bleeding or Vitality on Deploy as valid targets for her Order ability on the turn that they were played.
- Fixed an issue whereby An Craite Longship would not damage units played by the opponent from the player's graveyard.